El Salvador is a spectacular country to backpack in, because of the diversity of nature and culture across the country, come and discoverer the friendly people here.
The 5 Best Hostels in El Salvador
So, you’re on the hunt for the best hostels in El Salvador? You have come to the right place. Here we share the 5 absolute best hostels in El Salvador. And as a bonus hostel the best one in San Salvador….
Why should you believe me?! I only picked the top Hostels with more than 40 reviews on booking or hostel world. (and posted 5 here)
all the hostels that are on this list are objectively picked.
not one of the hostels paid to be on the list
Hostal casa verde
*very well organised hostel. Comfortable bed, excellent WiFi, spacious common areas. One of the best hostels I’ve ever stayed at.
*It is simply one of the best hostel I’ve ever been to. Here, you will find all the things that make an hostel perfect plus some details that make it unique. Amazing work, you should be an example for other hostels in the world.
*Everything was perfect! The staff is super friendly and helpful , always a smile on their face! The place was always clean! They clean the rooms once a day and the common several times! In the kitchens, you could find everything you need to make yourself at home! We met travelers from the entire world! Only few blocks from the Cathedral and the central market which was a great plus. But the biggest plus was the pool!
* Everything, the host thought everything for the traveller, so if you need anything, it can be find here, if you want to cook they give you oil and salts, if you want to buy a tour they can offer you, if you want to do on your own, they will teach you, so everything was perfect
* Excellent hostel, with great facilities in a central area. The staff are very nice and helpful. I have been to 74 countries and this hostel ranks amongst some of the best I stayed in. Thank you for having me.
Pool house hostel
*Nice welcoming, great hospitality, cleanless, Pool, good friendship .. briefly everything was excellent.I highly recommend this hostel in El Salvador
* Its like coming home!!! Julio and Kathi are lovely hosts and make you feel at home. They bring everybody together and you feel like a family with the other guests. They helped me a lot with organising my further Trip and found a Shuttle, hostel, etc for me (this was quit hard due to semana santa). Plus they offer great Trips to the volcano and other places close to santa ana to an affordable price. The beds are very comfortable, everything is super clean, they have a great common area and their kitchen is amazingly well equipped…not forgetting to mention the pool! you also can do your laundry there to a fair price. Totally can recommend staying in this hostel – you will feel like coming home!!!
*Julio the host was fantastic, lots of energy and always helpful. The hostel is well located for the centre as well as local supermarket and eateries.
*Everything was fine, host was super friendly and helped us when we needed. It is possible to use kitchen and all the equipment inside the house. Wi-fi is OK.
*Great place, with nice kitchen, pool area and terrace. Julio who owns and runs the 3 room hostel is a really great host and also offers volcano tours. A pot of fantastic local coffee is made each morning. Also free drinking water.
Casa vieja guest house
*We had such a great time at Casa Vieja Guest House. Luis was so friendly and incredibly helpful and made our stay so easy and memorable. His whole family was delightful and the Casa had that really warm family feel to it. The kitchen facilities we really useful, wifi was great and rooms were large and clean, what more could you want. Thank you so much
*Hot shower in our room. Luis and his family were all so friendly, helpful, engaging but also just let us sit around and chill while they did their own things, it was perfect. He helped us with a trip to Santa Ana volcano just by explaining buses and giving tips, got us a taxi the day we left, English speaking was so good. The location was excellent, we did many walks to the centro and felt quite safe in the area. We got our washing done for a reasonable price. Breakfast was great. We just really felt like some friends invited to stay because we were so welcomed but allowed to just help ourselves.
*Tasty breakfasts included. Also have use of kitchen. The owner seems genuinely interested in the welfare of his guests. He was super helpful in providing useful and money saving tips on what to see, where to eat, transport options, etc. Very impressed. I would stay here again if I were to return to Santa Ana.
*The host is such a great person!! Whenever I had something to do, he organized and helped me a lot!! When I had a stomachache, he even did give me some pills for free! He is a super nice and kind person!! His son and family are also nice people to communicate with!!
* Very friendly and helpful family with plenty of space to relax around the garden. We had 2 bedrooms with shared bathroom in the middle, perfect for a family of 4. Breakfast was simple but quick and delicious, and we were grateful to have a drinking water supply.
*I enjoyed staying at Casa Mazeta, super friendly owners and staff. A lot of knowledge about anything going on in or around Juayua and willing to share. Recommend!
* I only stayed there for 2 days but I enjoyed it. I’d have to say, I hardly connected with the owner and he didn’t seem to want to interact much but his ‘helper’ at the time was Andrea. Andrea was the sweetest thing and really made it feel so cozy. She was there for you everytime you needed her, was super helpful, and I loved how everyone gathered around the TV for movies at night while it poured cats and dogs outside. I didn’t think the bathroom was an issue.
*Casa Mazeta felt so much like home it was hard for me to leave! I made a painting for the place 🙂
*We loved Casa Mazeta! Darren and the rest of the staff were all so lovely and helpful. The kitchen was incredible! They even made us a fire one evening so we could have a BBQ. Also great selection of films if you fancy chilling
*Casa Mazeta is a small and very lovely hostel. There’s only one dorm and common areas are made for getting easily in contact with other travelers. The garden is beautiful and the living room just feels like at home. Kitchen is well equipped and everything is very clean. Big lockers and a lot of space to put your stuff. Only thing a little bit annoying is that there’s only one bathroom. Regarding the shower it’s not too bad because the hostel is so small but there could be one toilet more.
*The accommodation was close to the bus, the beach and to a few restaurants and a beach bar. It is a good place to unwind, but there is enough to entertain yourself! Swimming pool, sea and good food. The owners want to help you with everything, they also offer tours.
*the location is perfect for relaxing in the trees, it is nice and cool. the beach is one of the best in the area, easily accessible rest and sand and no stone like El Tunco. but the best are the owners, what a service, if they have to go to the city they offer to drive or that they have to get something
*We have felt very much at home with Mark, Xenia. They have built up something really beautiful in a short time in El Salvador. The beach is only a few minutes’ walk away. On the beach you can eat delicious fresh fish and surf well. We have taken a beginners lesson and caught several waves up to the beach. We never felt unsafe on the beach and during a great tour of the country with Mark. During the tour we climbed a beautiful volcano, had a delicious dinner at a beautiful lake, and swam at warm water falls. At the falls you can make very cool jumps in the water. I found 9 meters high enough;)
*Everything was just perfect, felt at home from the first moment on. Beautiful Hostel run by a beautiful family. It is located directly at the beach in a secure area, only 3 minutes walking and you’ll find yourself at the ocean. The locals are very warm, friendly and helpful as well. Definitely recommend the Hammock Plantation!!!
*Wonderful couple who manages the hostel. Super chilled vibe. Great location, just a few minutes from the beach. Restaurants with delicious food nearby. Perfect to spend relaxing days and go surf. Would defintely stay there again.